What is the right way on how to make lasagna? This recipe shows you how you can make your own lasagna and serve it to not just yourself but people who come over. With this recipe you can get that cheesy, meaty and wonderful taste of lasagna you’ve always craved.
Ingredients Necessary on How to Make Lasagna
For your pasta, you would need;
- Meat sauce
- Olive oil
- Lasagna noodles (one pound). I usually make use of Barilla pasta.
For Your Cheese Layer, you would need;
- 3-4 cups of mozzarella cheese
- 13 ounces of ricotta cheese, preferably drained
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- A handful of properly minces parsley leaves
For your meat sauce, you would need;
- A pound of ground beef
- Uncooked spicy chicken or pork
- Chopped onion
- 2 table spoons of salt
- 12 ounce of tomato paste and tomato sauce each.
- 3 gloves of garlic
- 28 ounces of plum tomatoes.
What other Equipment would you need on how to make Lasagna?
- You need towels for the noodles
- A medium bowl
- A wide saucepan
- Olive oil to grease your pan
- A pasta pot
- A deep baking dish. At least 4 inches deep.
Preparation Technique on How to make lasagna
Here is a quick and easy preparing technique
- Heat the oven to over 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease baking pan with olive oil.
- Heat a large pot of water and add a little bit of olive oil and salt.
- Add the lasagna noodles to boil. Cook till it’s a little soft.
- Drain and put the noodles in your towel intended for drying.
- Put your skillet over medium heat. Crumble your sausage and add the meat to your skillet.
- Stir frequently as you cook till your beef becomes well brown.
- Chop your onions and garlic and add them to your skillet. Reduce the heat from high to medium as you cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and drain the fat from the meat to your taste.
- Turn on the heat and proceed to add your tomato paste. Let it cook for 2 minutes as you stir the meat.
- Add your plum tomatoes and tomato sauce with their juices and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Proceed to making your cheese layer
- Turn off the heat and take the sauce off. Add a tablespoon of salt and the pepper of your choice. Black pepper is usually recommended.
- Stir your Parmesan cheese. Ricotta cheese, beaten eggs, olive oil, minced parsley and a table spoon of salt in a large bowl.
- Count out four layers of noodles. Starting and ending with a wider layer. So if you have extra noodles, you know where to add them.
- Place the 4 cooked lasagna noodles on the baking dish as you carefully overlap them.
- Spread a third of your cheese mixture on top and add a third of your meat sauce on top of it.
- Carefully sprinkle a cup of your grated mozzarella cheese and then top by another 3 noodles.
- Repeat the layering process till you finish topping with the 4 noodles.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on the top of the noodles and any other remaining cheese such as the Parmesan.
- Cover it loosely with an aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover it then bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Let it sit for 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
With this, your Lasagna is Ready.
Find out how to make bread.