Nigerian Salad is so unique and exceptional. There is no other place that makes such exceptional salad like Nigeria. It can be eaten on its own and served alongside Nigerian dishes like Jollof rice and Fried Rice.
This article will use the typical quantity needed to make Nigerian Salad. You can multiply these quantities or half them.
Are you as excited as I am?
Let’s dive in
Ingredients used to make Nigerian Salad
- 1 lettuce (medium size)
- 5 carrots (medium)
- 4 Irish potatoes (medium)
- 3 eggs (medium)
- 2 cucumbers (medium)
- Sweet corn (200g)
- 1 Baked beans in tomato sauce (415g)
- 5 plum tomatoes
- Heinz Salad Cream/Mayonnaise/Heinz Caesar Salad Cream
Procedure to make Nigerian Salad
Preparation for Nigerian Salad
This step is very important because it will determine how your Nigerian Salad turns out at the end.
- Wash the Irish Potatoes carefully and cook until done
- Wash the vegetables properly under running water.
- Boil the egg properly
Tip: If you want to save time, you can boil the eggs and potatoes in the same pot.
- Cut the lettuce into ultrathin slices
- Scrape the carrots carefully and shred with a grater
- Peel the cucumber, and gently remove the seeds. Then, cut it into your desired shape.
- Extract the seeds from the boiled tomatoes and cut it into tiny pieces.
- Gather all the vegetables into a separate container.
- Open the sweet corn and pour out the preservation water. Rinse it and set aside. Do the same for the baked beans.
- Crack the eggs and gently remove the shells of the boiled eggs. Slice them thinly (or however you want them), and set aside. Get an egg slicer to ease the stress off.
- Start placing the eggs into small batches, side by side, in a salad bowl till everything is exhausted. Don’t add the eggs yet.
- Decorate the top of the bowl with the sliced eggs when you’re done. They should be enough to cover ¾ of the bowl.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate it. This allows everything to blend properly.
- Finally, serve with the salad dressing. You can use any salad cream of your choice. However, the Heinz Salad Cream is highly recommended.